Safety is of the utmost importance to our families and volunteers alike. To become a volunteer with Families Moving Forward, you must complete the following three steps.
Step 1: Contact the Coordinator
Once you’ve identified an opportunity you are interested in supporting, please be sure to contact the coordinator by email or phone to express your interest directly. You will be able to ask additional questions and/or learn more about the opportunity. Your contact will also help expedite the screening process.
Step 2: Online Volunteer Orientation
- Please watch the video and answer the questions before moving on to the next step.
Step 3: Orientation Quiz
- Please take a few minutes to answer some questions about the video you just watched. This must be completed before moving on to the next step.
Step 4: CERVIS Registration
- Please register as a volunteer through our online portal called CERVIS.
- Online CERVIS Registration Tutorial - you can pause the slides if needed.
Step 5: Background Check
- A link to the background check will be sent to you after you complete the previous steps and is required before we can schedule your volunteer activity.
Optional: Volunteer Orientation Survey
- Help us improve our volunteer registration process and provide us with feedback about your experience.
Once the required steps have been completed, you will be contacted to verify that you are authorization to volunteer. Thank you!
group leader registration
If you are a Group Leader, you will need to check in using this Administrator Portal in CERVIS.