Bring Barrels of Joy to Homeless and Formerly Homeless Families!
Filling a Families Moving Forward of Joy with household necessities is an easy way to make a big impact on families who are either in Families Moving Forward or are moving into their new home in the community.
Who Can Participate?
- Businesses, congregations, or civic groups looking for a way to give to the community.
- Individuals having a gathering and wanting to collect donations in lieu of gifts.
- Anyone who wants to make a difference in the lives of homeless families!
All it takes to get started is three steps:
- Contact Erik Springer, Development Associate, at 919-683-5878 ext. 29 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you with a list of our urgent needs and coordinate a time for you to pick up a barrel.
- Display your barrel in a common area like an office break room, the lobby/foyer of your church, or the gift table at your gathering. We’ll provide you with informational materials to help you show your group how they’re making a difference in the lives of homeless families.
- What to donate: Because we have limited space in our facility, we ask that you please first contact us before you begin plans for your Barrels of Joy donation drive. We keep track of our urgently needed items, and your efforts will make the most impact on our families and children by using the list we provide to you.
We can only accept new, unopened, and/or unused items through Barrels of Joy. We do our best to help maintain the dignity of our families and only want to provide them with items that boost their confidence and self-worth. We ask that you help us do the same as you consider items you would like to donate. Please respect our in-kind donation guidelines and understand that items are subject to refusal.
Furthermore, there are items we cannot accept. Items we DO NOT accept:
- Used bedding and towels
- Outdated computers and printers
- Stuffed animals and toys
- Broken (not working)