our volunteer services
Volunteers and community partners have joined together with Families Moving Forward to deliver on the vision we had for the new service model which began in July of 2016. We are able to offer dinner, a rich array of adult workshops, tutoring for school age children, and enrichment activities for preschool children four nights a week. Partners and volunteers provide weekend activities for our families, and come onsite to help with beautification and maintenance projects. It is amazing what we are able to do when we all come together with the same purpose of helping our families thrive!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Families Moving Forward! Please click on the links below to learn more about how volunteering your time can help us with our mission to end homelessness for families with children.
- Individual Volunteer Opportunities
- Group Volunteer Opportunities
- Hospitality Rotational Volunteer Opportunities (for congregations)
- AmeriCorps VISTA and Internship Opportunities
Youth (<16 years of age) interested in volunteering with Families Moving Forward:
- Thank you for your interest in supporting families with children in the crisis of homelessness. At this time, we do not have volunteer opportunities available for youth (individually or in groups) to serve. If you are 16+ and you are interested in serving, an adult volunteer must accompany you to each service event.
When you have found an individual volunteer opportunity or a group volunteer opportunity in which you’re interested, please click here for the next steps on how to become a volunteer.
If you have any questions, please contact Tasha Melvin, at email@example.com or (919) 693-5878, ext. 28.